Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Breaking Ground
{ PURE Beach Dream Home, post #1 }

I've mentioned this before in my post "My dream... { boardwalks, beaches, biking }", we purchased a lot in Windmark Beach about 6 years ago for a vacation/retirement home .  This development is located in a little town call Port St. Joe on the panhandle of Florida - it is a very small ocean side town, which we love.  I'm so excited to share this news - we have FINALLY broke ground!!!  During the next 6 months I will be sharing the progress and interior design planning of our "PURE" Beach Dream Home.  We are on a tight budget, and I'm trying to be as eco-friendly as possible - it will be a challenge, but I am up for it!!! Here are the drawing and photos of the development, as well as Port St. Joe.  I can't wait to share more!!

{ front elevation }

 
back elevation }

first floor }

 
second floor - we should have a ocean view from the deck! }

 
progress so far - not much, but piers are in, see left side of sign }

lot - only a 5 minutes walk along beautiful boardwalks! }

our house will look similar to this house - but different colors! }

 
beach is so peaceful }

sea turtles lay their eggs right on our beach }

 
beautiful landscaping throughout the development }

 
white sand beaches }

 
community pool }

 
main board walk to the beach }

 
aerial view of development }

 
boardwalks }

 
downtown Windmark Beach }

roads through development }

Port St. Joe, FL }

{ marina }

Piggly Wiggly }

{ Dockside Cafe in the marina }

6 comments:

  1. Congrats Samantha! As we are going through the same process ourselves I know this is an exciting and fun time. I cannot wait to see your eco-friendly (and budget friendly!) interior design for the home, and I absolutely LOVE the floorplan!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Katie!! It will be a challenge being so far away, but if anyone can do it I can :) Let me know if you need any help!

      Delete
  2. Samantha! We are in the process of building our own Dog Trot home in Oakland, Fl (a sleepy little town outside of Orlando). I have a quick question for you... your back screened porch, it is white or dark bronze? Most around our area are the dark bronze but I am at odds with my builder and my husband for wanting white. Can you tell me what you chose for your own home? We are planning on a white house with black shutters and a metal roof. To me, dark bronze would take away from the crispness of the house.

    Please help!! :)

    All the best,
    Christy Reynolds

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Congratulation on building your new home! We love the Dog Trot :) If you are talking about the screens in our screen porch our choices were black or gray. We went with gray. I would worry about the white getting dirty and looking gray or brown anyway... We are happy with the gray because it is lighter than the black. Our ceiling, trim, and doors are white. It doesn't feel dark - here is a picture: http://www.flickr.com/photos/53708038@N05/8611104972/in/set-72157632869213054

      Let me know if you have more questions! Thank you for reading my blog!

      Delete
    2. Samantha, thank you so so much for the photostream you posted. I was indeed talking about the trim work being white with the screen being gray. Your pictures have confirmed that I haven't lost my mind in wanting white trim and that it does make it look much more clean with the design.

      Thanks for your awesome blog! I'm happy to be a new follower!

      All the best,
      Christy Reynolds

      Delete
    3. Happy to help! Thank you for following!

      Delete