Wednesday, November 30, 2011

I gave up coffee....

I don't want to say permanently but for now anyway.  WHY!?  I lost my sense of peace & calm - I felt anxious and stressed for no real reason.  I was crabby and not myself.  And believe me I LOVE coffee - I even blogged about it here.  I haven't had coffee in 3 weeks - it was VERY hard the first week - withdrawals were terrible.  I thought I was going to die, I had terrible headaches, I was irritable, and I just felt sick.  Plus the ritual of always having a cup of coffee in my hand was hard to get over.  I'm NOT a tea person...  But I needed a hot drink without calories, I live in Minnesota and we are heading into Winter!

I remembered trying Good Earth Organic Sweet & Spicy Herbal Tea last year.  It is amazingly strong and full of flavor - I like my coffee super STRONG, so weak, wimpy tea would not work for me.  This tea also needs NO sugar - it has a strong sweet spicy taste almost like a cider.  I know it is not coffee, but it will do for now.  I don't miss the taste of coffee much, I miss more of the idea of it.

Oh did I forget to say that I'm now calm and stress free (most of the time anyway).  Now it's time for a cup of tea!

Source: weheartit.com via Jane on Pinterest

Source: flickr.com via Snap on Pinterest

No comments:

Post a Comment